Deer Park started its first teaching in March, 2006. It is a young center just starting its journey. Any kind of support is greatly appreciated.
For the next few years, we especially need support towards the following projects:
- Setting up a library with an excellent collection of Buddhism and Classical Indian philosophy books in English, Hindi, Tibetan, and Chinese. Thanks to a few good friends of Deer Park, we already have 800 books. However, more is needed.
- Providing scholarship (free board and lodging in our Institute) for people who have deep interest in studying and practicing Dharma but do not have the resources to do so, especially young people from the Himalayan regions and other parts of India.
- Hosting conferences, seminars and interfaith dialogues between different schools of Buddhism, other Indian philosophical traditions and modern science.
- Renovating the former monks quarters to provide a range of accommodation for program participants and short-term retreatants.
- Community work in Bir. We hope to continue organizing art, theatre and ecology camps for both Indian and Tibetan children, health awareness camps for the community, and garbage management projects.
Ways To Give
If you would like to donate books, sponsor the purchase of more books for our library, or donate other goods, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to make a financial contribution towards our work, and live in India, please make a cheque payable to “Siddharthas Intent Society”.
Kindly include your name, address and email address (if any) so we can contact you after receiving your cheque and send a tax-exemption receipt.
For donations from outside India, please contact Prashant Varma/Diwan Negi at email@example.com
Please post your cheque to the following address:
Deer Park Institute, Finance Department,
Bir, District Kangra,
Himachal Pradesh – 176077,
Every little bit helps. Thank you.
Would you like to Volunteer in Deep Park ?
Deer Park Institute welcomes people who can help us carry out the vision of the Institute by contributing their skills, talents and good intentions to projects at Deer Park and its network organizations, and who are interested in the study and practice of Buddhism, or other profound traditions of inner development.
Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche, the founder of Deer Park Institute, has said that he would like all the volunteers or staff in such centers and institutes to see their contribution as karma yoga practice (seeing ‘work’ as ‘spiritual practice’), an opportunity to accumulate merit and to work for the Dharma.
We welcome people with skills and experience in the areas of community work, ecology, education and media, along with some administrative abilities. Basic English is required. Hindi proficiency is desirable.
All full time volunteers are entitled to free board and lodging at Deer Park, and may also participate in Institute programs during their time off. This is a great opportunity to stay in the sacred Himalayas and live close to many great masters and Dharma practitioners.
In order to ensure the suitability of the volunteer, we have a screening process (through emails, telephone or in-person interviews). At that time, job description and time commitment will be determined. There is a six week probation period.
Please kindly send a short introduction of yourself and why you would like to volunteer in Deer Park to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your email shortly after we process your enquiry.