Deer Park started its first teaching in March, 2006. It is a young center just starting its journey. Any kind of support is greatly appreciated.
For the next few years, we especially need support towards the following projects:
- Setting up a library with an excellent collection of Buddhism and Classical Indian philosophy books in English, Hindi, Tibetan, and Chinese. Thanks to a few good friends of Deer Park, we already have 800 books. However, more is needed.
- Providing scholarship (free board and lodging in our Institute) for people who have deep interest in studying and practicing Dharma but do not have the resources to do so, especially young people from the Himalayan regions and other parts of India.
- Hosting conferences, seminars and interfaith dialogues between different schools of Buddhism, other Indian philosophical traditions and modern science.
- Renovating the former monks quarters to provide a range of accommodation for program participants and short-term retreatants.
- Community work in Bir. We hope to continue organizing art, theatre and ecology camps for both Indian and Tibetan children, health awareness camps for the community, and garbage management projects.
Ways to Give:
If you would like to donate books, sponsor the purchase of more books for our library, or donate other goods, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to make a financial contribution towards our work, and live in India, please make a cheque payable to “Siddharthas Intent Society”.
Kindly include your name, address and email address (if any) so we can contact you after receiving your cheque and send a tax-exemption receipt.
Please post your cheque to the following address:
Deer Park Institute, Finance Department, Bir, District Kangra, Himachal Pradesh 176077, India.
For donations from outside India, please contact Prashant Varma/Diwan Negi at email@example.com