Amares Theatre (Uruguay)
“This is clown that gives us a larger sense of the divine in each of us, that celebrates our humanness, our animalness, and the times that we can touch each other in a moment of laughter.”
“If we ever faced all directions of ourselves at once we could only laugh at the beauty of our own ridiculousness.”
Richard Pochinko“We are a river that is no longer the same as before, we will sit on its shores to see it change, to recognize it in its unpredictable dances, first the feet will enter and we will walk with our originality until we lose support and have nothing more than our breathing. With witnesses who will be accomplices, springboards to new adventures, there in the center of the river we will feel the currents that cross us and in an act of courage I let you look and in a fit of mischief I will dare to start the alchemy that suddenly transforms a personal experience into a universal act, the everyday mythology that makes us heroes, those who with honor and dignity almost always lose. ”
Andrés FagiolinoFor whom is the workshop?This workshop is aimed at actors, dancers, circus and street artists, health professionals, educators, sociologists, people who work with groups and all those who wish to go through this initiatory journey that proposes to know and accept us, to go to the encounter of others, play and let us transform … It can come very well for those who practice disciplines with a high degree of demand
For a clown the problems are play- material, an obstacle becomes a springboard, a stumble is the possibility of a new game, a glance opens a new world. When working the clown we will be working the need to allow us to miss, to not understand, to accept our ridiculous. We will be using dynamics, games and tools extracted from the training and technique of the theatrical clown with the aim of working on the development of the intuition, the conscience of the body as a channel of expression and communication, the construction of dialogue through listening to the present moment, the projection of emotions and the availability to play individually and collectively, learning giving and receiving to find ourselves with our own essence.
By the end of the workshop the participant will be able to:
• have a new vision about him/herself
• have acquired greater body and spatial awareness
• know how to use your voice without forcing the vocal cords
• Know how to take care of his/her body, with special emphasis on his/her spine
• accept his/her as an integral being
• have tools to transform his/her daily reality
• have experienced a new way of relating to their peersAbout Amares TeatroAmares Teatro is a theater company that researches and generates scenic proposals based on the Clown technique and the Energetic training from Physical Theatre. Between December 2015 and October 2019, they made a four-year tour of Latin America, which takes them through Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico and Cuba where they present their shows “Lucidez”, “Río al Cielo”, “Camino a casa”, “Encanto”, “En la Orilla”, “Los Colores del Oxido” and Memoria chicha “in festivals, theaters and unconventional spaces. Since October 2019 they start a tour through Africa (Egypt, Kenya) and Asia (India).
They are creators of the Amares por los Mares Project where they carry out interventions in hospitals and shows and workshops in native communities. The project has led them to collaborate with several hospital clown groups, community theatre groups and native community organizations in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
In 2018 Amares Teatro joins the Amber Collective: Latin American Artists and Promoters Network.
Dates : Tuesday 27th, Wednesday 28th, Thursday 29th and Friday 30th of October, Monday 2nd, Tuesday 3rd, Wednesday 4th and Thursday 5th of November
Time : 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm