Boundless Attitude with bird’s view- A 6-day retreat on the Buddhist practice of four Immeasurable with expressive arts and Meditation-led by Pallavi Deshmukh
About the retreat:
In this retreat the facilitator will focus on the experiential aspect of the topics through the medium of expressive arts and meditation with introduction to the practices in a retreat format. The practices will be shared based on the teachings of Buddhist masters and their books and take participants through an immersive journey exploring the topic through their unique creative expressions.
About the facilitator:
Pallavi is a Creative Arts Therapy practitioner following Buddhism as her life path and studying the philosophy academically for personal growth and interest. She is also a trained meditation instructor in the Buddhist tradition and conducts experiential workshops with arts and Buddhist practices with an intent to bring alive the potential to integrate the dharma in our everyday life.
Takeaways from the retreat:
1. An immersive and experiential retreat with arts, meditation and Buddhist practices rooted in the Mahayana tradition
2. Learn the basic mindfulness meditation as a foundational practise in everyday life.
3. Are we aware and can we fully trust our innate capacity for Immeasurable ‘maitri and ‘karuna’? Why do we feel fatigue, the burn-out and hopelessness after trying our best to have unconditional ‘loving-kindness’ and ‘compassion’?
– Explore our capacity for immeasurable ‘maitri’ and ‘karuna’ for ourselves and the world through ‘Four Immeasurables’ from bird’s eye view with shamatha as the foundation
4. A contemplative and creative space for hearing, discussing, reflecting (and meditating) and expressing.
5. Last but not the least, a gift to yourself in the lap of the Himalayas 🙂
*We strongly recommend and request participants to treat this as a retreat time for yourself and maintain bare minimum talking and also create a safe space for other participants during retreat and non-retreat hours within the campus
*The retreat is for non-Buddhists and Buddhists alike
*Anyone above the age of 16+ years is welcome
*All sessions as part of the retreat are compulsory and will be facilitated in English language
*You do not need to have any prior experience or expertise in any art form
*Art materials will be provided by Deer Park Institute
*Please bring along comfortable and warm clothing for movement and flexibility
Contribution and Donation
*While the retreat is free of charge, we will appreciate a donation of any amount that you can offer. Donation boxes will be kept outside of the retreat hall on the last 2-3 days of the retreat.
*Meals and accommodation at Deer Park Institute will be based on actual
Phone: +91 70184 06363
Office hours: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm & 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Registration is mandatory, please drop in a mail with the subject line- ‘Registration for Feb 2024 Retreat in Deer Park, to email@example.com
*Deadline for registration: February 1, 2024, to make all arrangements ahead of the retreat start date.
Please note- “attendance in all sessions is mandatory.”
For queries, registration & accommodation, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org